Not long ago, the Kolkata Port Trust published an official job notification on its official website. It was regarding the filling up of a few vacancies for the job types of Sub-Inspector and Gunmen.
The candidates who will be chosen for the said job posts of Sub-Inspector and Gunmen will be designated on a contractual basis for a time period of one year at the Kolkata Port.
In this article, we will detail in on all the necessary blueprints of the mentioned job posts. Apart from that, other appropriate information regarding the job posts such as pay scale, age limit, eligibility criteria etc. will also be notified.
|1.||Organization||Kolkata Port Trust|
|2.||Total Number Of Vacancies||14|
|3.||Last Date To Apply||12/10/2018|
Job Type & Complete Details
In this segment of the article, we will brief in on all the details regarding the particularised job posts of Sub-Inspector and Gunmen. The common details among both the jobs are detailed in the table below.
The details are tabulated below:
|Sl. No.||Job Outline||Details|
|1.||Location||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|3.||Educational Qualifications||Higher Secondary or equivalent|
|4.||Age Limit||40 – 55 years|
|5.||Number Of Vacancies||1 + 13|
|6.||Payscale||Rs. 19032 per month|
Differentiated Number of vacancies:
In this section of the article, we will break in all the specs of the said job posts individually. The information which is not common with each other will be mentioned in detail.
The candidates will be stationed at any Dock or off-Dock site or Headquarters of the Port Security Organisation. The features of both the job posts are as follows:
Number of Vacancies: 1
The candidates who are willing to apply for the said job post must make sure that they satisfy these educational qualifications:
- Candidates have completed their Higher Secondary or equivalent from a recognised board or university
- Candidates should be from the Police / CISF / Army / Navy / Air Force / other Paramilitary forces
The candidates who are interested in applying for the post of Sub-Inspector should have these as their experience:
- At least 15 years of work experience
- Expertise in supervising law-and-order situations, deployment of personnel, interrogation, crowd control, direct action etc. are desired
The pay scale for the job post of Sub-Inspector is Rs. 19032 per month.
The age limit for the job post of Sub-Inspector is 40 – 55 years.
Number of Vacancies: 13
The candidates who are willing to apply for the said job posts must make sure that they meet these educational qualifications:
- Candidates have finished their Higher Secondary or equivalent from a recognised board or university
- Candidates should be from the Police / CISF / Army / Navy / Air Force / other Paramilitary forces possessing guns with valid licenses.
The candidates who are enthusiastic about applying for the post of Gunmen should have these as their experience:
- At least 15 years of work experience with special expertise in direct action, patrol, watch and ward.
- Must be skilled enough in handling firearms for at least 10 years.
The pay scale for the job post of Gunman is Rs. 19032 per month.
The age limit for the job post of Gunman is 40 – 55 years.
There is no specific mention of benefits for the candidates hailing from the reserved category of the society.
How To Apply
Follow these instructions to apply for the mentioned job posts:
- Visit the official website specified to download the application form: http://www.kolkataporttrust.gov.in/showfile.php?layout=1&lang=1&level=1&sublinkid=3249&lid=2802
- Take a print out of it and fill it up correctly
- Attach self-attested copies of your testimonials
- Send it to the address mentioned below
The address where you should send your particulars is as follows:
The Security Adviser
Kolkata Port Trust
P- 65, C.G.R. Road
Kolkata – 700043
Last Date: 12/10/2018